DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
ATOPICA is an oral medication for Cats weighing at least 3 lbs of body weight.
The dispensing system includes an oral dosing syringe graduated in 1 lb increments. To dose the cat, the syringe should be filled to the nearest 1 lb corresponding to the cat’s body weight. Do not rinse or clean the oral dosing syringe between uses.
We show you as follow the Dispensing System and Preparing a Dose of ATOPICA® for Cat.
The dispensing system consists of 4 parts:
1. A bottle containing the medicine, with rubber stopper and a screw cap to close the bottle after use.
2. A plastic adapter with dip tube that you will push into the neck of the bottle. The adapter must always remain in the bottle after first use.
3. An oral dosing syringe that fits into the top of the plastic adapter to withdraw the prescribed dose of medicine from the bottle.
4. A plastic vial containing the plastic adapter and oral dosing syringe. Save the plastic vial to store the oral dosing syringe between each use.
- Remove and save the screw cap.
- Remove and dispose of the rubber stopper.
- Hold the open bottle upright on a table and push the plastic adapter firmly into the neck of the bottle as far as you can, then close the bottle with the screw cap.
Preparing a Dose of Medicine
1. Push and turn the child-resistant screw cap to open the bottle. Note: Always close the bottle with the child-resistant screw cap after use.
2. Check that the plunger of the oral dosing syringe is pushed all the way down.
3. Keep the bottle upright and insert the oral dosing syringe firmly into the plastic adapter.
4. Slowly pull the plunger up so that the oral dosing syringe fills with the medicine.
5. Expel any large bubbles by pushing and pulling the plunger a few times. The presence of a few tiny bubbles is not important for dosing accuracy.
6. Withdraw the dose of medicine prescribed by your veterinarian. The scale on the oral dosing syringe corresponds to the cat’s body weight.
Note: If the prescribed dose is more than the maximum volume marked on the oral dosing syringe, you will need to reload the syringe to withdraw the full dose.
7. Remove the oral dosing syringe by gently twisting it out of the plastic adapter.
You can now place the oral dosing syringe over a small amount of food or introduce the syringe in the mouth of your cat and push the medicine out of the syringe. See Information for Cat Owners for complete administration instructions.
Give ATOPICA to your Cat directly on a small amount of food or orally just after feeding. Whenever possible, ATOPICA for Cats should be administered on a consistent schedule with regard to meals and time of day.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
Start giving ATOPICA to your Cat with 3.2 mg/lb/day (7 mg/kg/day) once daily for 30 to 45 days. After this period ATOPICA may be tapered by decreasing the frequency of dosing to every other day or two times a week, until a minimum frequency is reached which will maintain the desired therapeutic effect. As follow we represent the dose based on your Cat body weight.